Rangers 1-1 Livingston- Match Report

Draw for Gers on McCall returnThere was no happy homecoming for Stuart McCall as he was forced to settle for a 1-1 draw against bottom side Livingston in his first game in charge of Rangers.The former Light Blues player was named as the club's 14th manager earlier in the week and his tenure looked set to get off to the best possible start when Haris Vuckic fired Rangers into an early lead.But Livi hit back through Ibra Sekajja on the stroke of half-time to claim a point.Rangers had been hoping the arrival of McCall would add a much-needed spark to their Scottish Championship promotion push.And the new manager was welcomed into the dug-out by wild applause from an Ibrox crowd of 35,066.McCall made three changes from the side who were held to a home draw by Queen of the South in midweek.Youngster Tom Walsh was handed his first start and Kenny Miller and Sebastien Faure were added to the side.The supporters were cheering again after just nine minutes when Rangers surged into an early lead.Miller's short pass found Nicky Law and he burst forward before setting up Vuckic for a left-foot strike that nestled in the bottom corner.It had been a bright start from the Light Blues but Livi were gradually allowed to impose themselves on the game.Danny Mullen's 20-yard drive fell just over the crossbar as the division's bottom side tried to haul themselves back into the game.Keaghan Jacobs then teed up Scott Pittman for a shot that deflected narrowly past the post.Rangers could have doubled their lead when the ball broke for Walsh but he hooked just over, before Darren McGregor nodded wide from Law's corner.Gers were left ruing those missed opportunities when Livi levelled on the stroke of half-time.Sekajja reacted quickly to bundle home the rebound after Craig Sives saw his shot crash off the post - then celebrated with a double backflip.The visitors almost found the back of the net again shortly after the restart, when Mullen unleashed a powerful low drive that fell just wide.Rangers did have the ball in the net after 63 minutes when Nicky Clark's header beat goalkeeper Darren Jamieson but the offside flag was quickly raised.Skipper Lee McCulloch then nodded over from Law's corner as the home side desperately tried to regain the advantage.And Miller was denied only by a great one-handed save as his point-blank header was swatted away by Jamieson.A defensive mix-up between goalkeeper Lee Robinson and substitute Marius Zaliukas almost let Jordan White in on goal late on as the match ended all-square

Source : PA

Source: PA